Saturday 28 May 2016

Starting out with UCM

Well it's been a long time...



Hi all, it's been too long, I've not been up to any significant hobby for months maybe even years now but the little geek inside never leaves you. So when Steve asked if any of us were interested in trying out dropzone I jumped at the chance. I went straight out and bought the boxed game. As Steve mentioned in his last post I will be playing UCM...



The Models and scale

I have never played a 10mm scale game and was not sure how I would like the models, well I love them. The scale is big enough that there is detail worth painting, but small enough that I can paint it fast. As anyone who has read DOG before will know, I love my painting and a new scale has given me a new challenge. I'm really excited about what I can do with bases and little details as well as the models themselves. I also love a conversion usually the wackier the better so I'm already thinking about command vehicles and what I could do for something a bit different.

Test model

I always start with a test to check colour and speed. I went for a kind of JCB colour scheme thinking this could look good and striking. I was also keen on putting my models on bases, this is not something they come with but something i'm so used to from 20 years of gaming and I like it as a way of finishing a model.





After the test I have managed to finish a few models from the starter set, so here is my first condor and squad of rapiers. I've gone for a metallic colour on the condor as I want all the flyers to be different from the land vehicles.










Well that's all for now but I will be posting more pics over the coming weeks and also start looking at what I will be putting in my 1000pts army.

Rich




















No comments:

Post a Comment